Holaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! This week, best week yet!!! Soooo, I told you about how my companions kinda had a freak out attack on me last week. Well, ever since then things have been a little weird. It wasn’t the same so we had a vent sesh to get everything out. I felt terrible because I realized I’m a terrible comp and have not even realized the things that I do that have been hurting our companionship.
In class, my comps snapped at me because I have been really vocal and passionate about learning Spanish and just try to Talk, Talk, Talk! Although, this is a righteous desire, I haven’t been sensitive to the way my comps have been feeling. I have to admit, I know I complain about how frustrating this whole Spanish things is, but the Lord has truly been helping me a lot, I have learned Spanish a lot faster than others and it took my comp just snapping and breaking down to help me to humble myself and recognize how much the Lord has blessed me, and that I need to help others. I’ve been learning really fast. I’m a verbal person, you know that! I’m not saying I’m fluent or anything, but I can talk. Heavenly Father has blessed me tremendously.
My comp on the other hand really struggles. She knows a lot, but it is extremely hard for her to open her mouth and speak. This whole time I’ve been studying my brains out and have been talking, talking, talking, so I can be a better missionary. Yet, I had totally forgotten or didn’t even think about how my other companions feel or what’s going on with her. I’ve realized that in order to be a good missionary, I need to stop thinking solely about myself and how I can improve, but need to focus on how I can help others. I think this has been the biggest challenge for me on a mission thus far.
As I was talking to my comp I thought, Christ gives everything and wants to lift us up to where He is, and do I genuinely desire the same for others? The answer is no. and this is something I really need to work on in order to be a better missionary. It’s everything. I apologized, she apologized and it was good. But anyways, that night we had a comp prayer and we had an appointment to teach a lesson with our teacher and we had been praying to be able to recognize the spirit more. We went in to teach and like always, it was really rough because we were trying to teach in Spanish. This time it was really hard and I really didn’t know what to do or say, so I read a scripture in the Book of Mormon, 1 Nephi 19: 9 because no matter what at least that’s correct. But as I was reading this scripture about the Savior and His Atonement, Hna Williams just started bawling. The spirit came in to the room with full force. I looked at her and couldn’t finish reading the scripture. The spirit was seriously paralyzing and I couldn’t speak. Tears started streaming down me and Hna Sosas (teacher) eyes and we looked at Hna Williams. She looked at us with a face full of tears and seriously bore the most powerful earth shattering testimony of the Savior I have ever heard.
It was simple, but came straight from her heart. It was so powerful and I couldn’t stop crying because I remembered what happened just earlier that day. This was a MIRACLE and truly an answer to a heartfelt prayer. The gospel of Jesus Christ is TRUE! Christ is our Brother and Savior! If anyone has doubts, get on your knees and sincerely ask the Lord to help you to recognize the Spirit testify that to you. Each child is precious in the eyes of the Lord. He is desperate to save us. If we sincerely ask, you WILL KNOW with certainty that Jesus is our Savior. The Lord wants us to know. He needs us to know. He will answer. I love it!!!!!! My mission has taught me that miracles happen around us everyday. This experience may seem like a small thing, but it has been a miracle for our comp. Hna said that that was the first time she’s ever felt the Spirit like that and it has made the biggest difference in our teaching and companionship. I just have grown to love my comp so much more and have so much respect for her. This truly is a gospel of miracles. I can’t even explain the way I feel. Each day, Heavenly father has helped me to grow and love and that’s the best part of a mission. I LOVE YOU ALLLLLL so so much!!!! I know that this is the gospel of Jesus Christ. Our Savior did die for us. I am so grateful to be serving my Lord. I love Him! Thank you all for you love and prayers. I feel them everyday pushing me through!!!!!
Love you forever,
Hna Garcia
Ps. I WAS ABLE TO GO to the BATHROOM!!! Hooray! Whenever I go, I seriously thank Heavenly Father. BLESSINGS!!!!
pss Yesterday, all the Latinos left so its only our district of 5 still here. It was so sad. We all cried and cried because we became such great friends. But since it was just us, The Steimles (PRES and his wife) took us out for a day out in the town. We went to the markado, a museum and they took us out to a nice steak dinner. IT was SOOOOO much fun! I love the Steimles. Theyre great! I love GUATEMALA!!! It is so cool. After we came back, I told the Steimles thank you and that the only way this day could be better was if the Americans who were supposed to come last night couldn’t come so we could have more time alone with them. And then the Pres secretary walks in and tells him that the Americans flight got cancelled and that they couldn’t come till tomorrow. Everyone looked at me. It was hilarious the timing and all, and I was like IT WAsnt me!!! haha. It was so funny. Be careful what you wish for!!! I love you ALLLLLLLL!