First Companion MTC and CCM, Hermana Williams

July 28, 2010 Chicken Liver, Chicken Feet; Eat the Food, Do the Song and Dance and Looooove it!

Sent: Wed, July 28, 2010 9:05:25 AM
Subject: HOLLAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HOLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well, transfers dun duh duh duhhhhhh.......I am still in CHIMALTENANGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahahahahhahahahah. The mountains can’t get rid of me yet!!!!! I was sooooo happy. I feel like I am finally starting to get used to it. I feel right at home in my little tin shacks. I love it!!! And, wouldn’t want it any other way. Hermana Angel se fue!!!! I was sad. She got transferred to the capital. She cried and cried. Poor thing. She did not want to go and everyone had their predictions that it was going to be me to leave, but I am still here!!!!!! My new comp is Hermana Guaranda. She is from Ecuador. And is just funny. She reminds me of nanay because all she wants to do is cook!!!!! Oh noooooooo! I am going to get fat this change!!! She was a cocinera before coming on the mission. She only has one change out so again we will be learning together. haha. But, she’s great.

At first I was a little scared because she looks really grumpy and like she’s always mad, but when you talk to her she is very nice She told me when she found out that I was her companion and I was a gringa she was sad because she didn’t want to be with any gringas, but she told me that I’m nice and very humble and different. haha. Oh good. I started laughing and thought uh oh she don’t know meee. haha. Nooo, but we get along great and so far haven’t had any problems. I think the key is just eat the food, do the song and dance and LOOOVEE it. haha. It makes her really happy. So far she’s made me Chicken liver, chicken feet, beans, rice and ya!! She just loves to cook. Some stuff is pretty interesting, but just gotta learn to love it all!!!!! The only problem we might have is that she hates Guatemalan food and doesn’t want to eat with our cocinera which is a problem because we just reactivated our cocinera and she is like our mom here, and Hermana Guranda also has problems with her ovaries so she cant walk far which daaannannagg the mountains is NOT the place to be if you have problems walking. But hopefully all will be well and this will be a great change. I BELIEEVEEEEE!!!!!!

It was funny because the mountains gave her a nice welcome!! There was a rainstorm yesterday and we went swimming in poop again!!! Gotta loooove it!!!! She just came from the capital so she was like whaaaat the____ haha. I just said WELCOME to the mountains!!!!!!!!! We were walking and we had to go down this street and it was completely flooded up to the knees in poop water and she stopped and kinda looked at me to see if we really were going to walk through this. I just smiled and was like, “what do I look like...Moses” CRUZEMOS!!!! haha and we just had a good time laughing, screaming and crossing these poopy lakes. haha. But it was fun.

She’s a trooper and told me that despite all this she is SOOOO grateful to be in the mountains, because her experience in the capital was not very good. It just sounds horrible. She just rang intercoms all day and just said the people there don’t want anything!! Poor thing. I just felt so grateful to be serving here in Chimaltenango. We still get rejected, don’t get me wrong but at least people have a chance to see our face before they reject us. The capital is rough. I feel bad for Hermana Angel, but I feel like my time is soon. Majority of the sisters are there. There are only three maybe four now, not quite sure that are outside of the capital!!!! I feel soooo blessed. At the mountain zone conference there was only us and one other companionship. It was fun. We are the Survivors!!!! haha. But yeah, I am going to try and just enjoy, enjoy, enjoy my time here because I could very soon be leaving.

But anyways, as for the update on the area Angelina got baptized!!!!! yaya!!! We were so happy and it was GREAT!!!! She cried and cried after and it was just such a blessing and tender mercy that the Lord allowed me to be an instrument in His hands. It was the best feeling!!! Ana will be baptized this Sunday so we are excited about that, but the news of the week...... Eva, the investigator I’ve been writing about made the decision to leave her husband. Well it’s kind of sad how it all happened but it’s for the best. We’re both happy and sad. So we’ve been working with her for a while and she’s wanted to get baptized, but her partner won’t get married. We just told her straight up, it was mean but it was the truth.....”Eva you’re young, you’re beautiful, you’re smart....what the heck are you doing with this loser!” Well, he isn’t a loser, he’s still a child of God, but problems, problems, problems. He works in the city, never calls her, comes home, anti mormon.....dont need to say anything more. We told her if you are direct with your partner and tell him that you want to get married and he still doesn’t want to....there is a problem sister!!! He don’t love you!!!! She kept denying it and telling us no, no, no he’s different, faithful blah, blah blah. But this week, it all came out......He has another family in the city!!!!! AYYEAYAYA Horrible!!! She just cried, cried, cried. Its sad, but I kind of already knew that and although it’s such a sad situation its better that it came out and now and she can move on. But she at least has the strength to leave and start over. It’s sad and is going to be hard because she has nothing; no work, education, two kids to care for, but I know God will provide!!!!! And now she can get baptized and start over. It’s just crazy, but I feel like this is a blessing. We’ve been praying and praying for her and I feel like this is just a huge blessing. But this is the kind of stuff that people go through every day in Guatemala!!!!!! Its seriously nuts and I just always sing that song, ¨¨I love mahhhh daddddddyyyyy!¨¨¨¨ Seriously! I just cannot believe the blessings that I have and just feel so grateful each day for a loving and supportive family. I love you alllllllll so much more than I can express in these short emails each week. But really EVERYONE I looooove you all so much with all my heart. I sent cards and more pictures from this change yesterday but who knows what’s going to happen with this Guatemala mail!!!!! me cae mallllllll!!!!!!!

Tell Grandma to start praying. I really think that the pictures that you got only arrived because there was a letter for grandma in there!!!! haha. But seriously, I love you all with all my heart. If letters and thank you letters don’t come, I am so sorry!!!!!!!!!! But I love you all with all my heart and wish I could email everyone directly and tell them, but I can’t. Time is short and technically we are not supposed to. But just know that I love you allllllllll!!!!!!!! The gospel of Jesus Christ is TRUEEEEEE!!! I know that. I wish I had more time to write and just express all the things that I feel in my heart. Each day, I am just brought to tears because this gospel is just sooooo beautiful and I can get a small taste at the love Heavenly Father has for each one of us. It is beyond comprehension. I still don’t undersand it, but I think I understand it a lot more now. This truly is a message of pure love, hope, and happiness and I feel so grateful to be able to share it with my hermanos guatemaltecos every day. Life is just beautiful.......I love you all!!!!!!!! Thanks again for everything!!!! Until next week prestos todos prestos.....the church is TRUE!!!!!!!!

With all my love,
hermana ali g!!!!!