Sent: Tue, March 16, 2010 9:20:25 AM
Subject: holllaaaaa
Hola,
Guess what? I just got my travel plans and i leave for Guatemala on Tuesday. Aaaaaaah. Isn’t that crazy? I leave here at 5:30 in the morning and go through Dallas Texas. I’m pretty sure we're able to call you on Tuesday so I will let you know more details as they come. But time is flying. I am so excited. It’s bitter sweet though because I do love the MTC, but I am happy that I am leaving because I think if I had to stay here for nine weeks I’d be coo coo. So yeah, me, and my comp, and our roommate are all going to Guate City Central and our other roommate is going to Nicaragua. We are all leaving and couldn't be more excited to go together.
Well, the mtc like I said is amazing! There are some hard things and at times I feel like im going crazy, but it is so powerful and the good times make it worth it? I cannot deny the fact that I know this is exactly where I need to be so I just try to humble myself, suck it up and get to work? The mtc is so powerful! The spirit really is so strong here. Anytime I doubt myself, the spirit pierces me to the heart and im reminded...the church is true!!!!!!! It is undeniable. Literally, at times I can feel my whole frame start to shake and I think im going to pass out because I can feel the spirit so strong. Heavenly father blesses me with opportunities where my eyes are opened and I can know with absolute as surety that the church of Jesus Christ is true and that this is his work. A couple days ago, we all sang at a devotional, "we'll bring the world his truth." I just lost it. Looking at all these missionaries who are dedicated and willing to serve our god was something I will never forget. I truly did feel like I’m part of the army of Helaman and part of the greatest and most powerful army in the world! And I am so grateful because I am now the Lord's missionary to bring the world his truth! It hit me so hard. Everyone was staring at me sobbing my eyes out but I could not help it. I wish I could adequately explain the feelings of my heart and the things that I feel but it is hard to express in words. But I know this really is the lord's work and I know that Heavenly Father and our savior Jesus Christ truly stand at the head of this church. They lead us and protect their soldiers/missionaries. We are properly armed and protected. You don't have to worry. Im going to be ok! I love this gospel so much. I know it is true. and it is the biggest blessing to have this short time in my life to give everything to the lord and try my best to bring this message to the whole world and his children....starting in Guatemala! It’s true. I know it is! While we were singing, I just thanked heavenly father so much for you, mom and dad. Thank you, thank you, thank you, for being so strong and for choosing to go to the temple and follow the Lord. This gospel is the greatest blessing in the world and everything good in my life, everything that truly does bring me happiness and comfort comes from the gospel and it is only because of you and your strength!!! I love you. I cry every night thinking about how blessed I am to be born of goodly parents who love the lord. I love you. My life would be so different right now and I just am overwhelmed with feelings of love and gratitude. I love you!
Family, thank you so much for all your love and support and prayers! I think about you everyday. I love you and hope all is well. Thanks for your letters of love and support. You’ll never know how much that means?
Yo se que jesucristo vive. yo se que la iglesia es verdadera!!!!! Prestos todos prestos mi familia!!!!!
Love,
Herrrrrrmana......I love being called hermana. It is the funniest word in the world?
ps here’s a list of things that would be really helpful
-auntie laurels address
-please thank George and Jenny Uyema for me. They sent me a box of cupcakes but didn’t leave their address
-please make sure all my thank you letters are sent
-please send me tanned or black knee highs. i lose the spirit every time I look at my white legs.
-pray for me for humility and strength. This is the hardest thing I’ve had to do but the most rewarding!!!!! Don’t worry....I’m fine but a little extra strength will be nice
-please send everyone my love!!!!! I love you all.
-please don’t judge me on my punctuation or writing ability. These computers are stupid and don’t punctuate, and I only have a limited amount of time so I am writing muy rapido!! Love you!!
pss fact: MTC food is vitamin fortified and gives you gas. No bueno!!!!! Love you!