First Companion MTC and CCM, Hermana Williams

March 24, 2010 Plane Ride to Guatemala

Sent: Wed, March 24, 2010 12:58:27 PM
Subject: GUATEMALAAAA!!!

Oh my goodness.....I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE GUATEMALA so, so, so much!!! It is just like Hawaii. It’s beautiful and the people are HILARIOUS!!!!! I feel like im at home except I can’t understand what anyone is saying....but I must say that is one of the best parts of being here. The ccm is sooooo small. There are only 80 missionaries here. My district only has 4 people (4 non speaking Spanish girls) it is very intimate and very fun. It is so relaxed and just a blast. My teacher actually was in my ward at byu so it is fun. I just love, love, love it here. I honestly couldn’t be happier. It’s funny because all the sisters in our room cannot speak English so we can’t understand anything they say so it is so much FUN. We pretty much just play charades everyday, which happens to be my favorite game in the world so it’s hilarious and I love it so much. They are very patient and understanding and it is just a blast. Seriously, I love it here. Any questions?

Ok now for the miracles.....on the phone I talked to you about how I kept getting rejected at the airport everywhere I went. It was sad but a good reality check. Well on my flight to Guatemala i had the BEST missionary experience. I got on the airplane to see that I was sitting next to this cute old man. I saw him and was like ohhh how did I get so lucky? He laughed and we just started talking. His name was Lorenzo and he’s from Guatemala but living in san fran. So were just chatting it was really light and fun and then he asked me the golden question....[what are you going to do in guat? YES!!!!! Ding ding ding! I told him I was going to be a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ. I asked him if he believed in Jesus and he said si si si Jesus Christ is my life and I do everything to follow him. I was like oh yeahhh? Perfecto. Have you heard of the Church of Jesus Christ LDS? He said oh yes ppl from your church tried to talk to me, but I told them I didn’t want to because I was busy. In my most dramatic voice possible, I was like huhhhhhhh!!!! You rejected a messenger of Jesus Christ? Lorenzo, Shame on you!!! He started to laugh and he told me to tell him more about our church. You can only imagine. i was doing cartwheels in my seat! I asked him, “Have you heard of the BOM?” “He said no.” I was so excited he was laughing at me he was like [Wow you’re muy excited] I said si si si!! And soon you will be too! I went in my bag to grab my BOM. I told him I was going to show him my most prized and valuable possession and that I loved this thing more than ANYTHING in the whole world....I was like TADAAAA I showed him my BOM and told him that I wanted him to have it....It was sooo funny he was like [REALLY?] You would give me this. And I said, for you, and only you Lorenzo, yes!! So then I gave him the whole dl on what the bom is and how I knew Jesus Christ himself visited his people. I committed him to read and pray to know it’s true. I told him I’d give him a chapter to read and he said “no! I want to read the whole thing!” Okaaaaaaay. What am I supposed to say to that? So the whole plane ride Lorenzo read the BOM!!! I could of died in my seat. Near the end of the flight I checked up on him and asked him, “What do you think?” “He said yes, this is a very good book. I believe it’s true. I said YES!!!! And you know what that means......THAT Christ’s church is again on the Earth and YOU need to be a part of it. He laughed and said no. no such thing. God loves everyone I can go to any church and feel God’s love. I told him this was true but that there was only one God and God only had one church. I taught him about the apostasy and why there were so many churches and although they were good, they were churches of men and none of them had the fullness. I told him about Joseph Smith and that he saw God and Jesus Christ and restored his church to the earth. Lorenzo asked me how do you know that? I was like look in your hands, Lorenzo! That’s how I know. This book is true! You said so yourself. Because it’s true I know Joseph Smith saw God the Father and Jesus Christ. This is his church and YOU need to be a part of it. I told him if Christ truly does mean everything to you, you need to follow him by getting baptized in his church. I told him that God sent me all the way to Guat to find him and that God wanted to bless him and those blessing are only available in our church. AAHAHAHAHHHA! It was crazy! He committed to meet with the missionaries in san fran but said that first I have to learn Spanish because shame on me for being a Latino and not speaking Spanish!!! haha. It was actually really funny. I gave him the pass along card with the free dvd and i think that was his favorite thing. it was so crazy. i loved it!!!! I know without a doubt that God truly is mindful of each of His children. I could just feel God's love for Lorenzo and felt so grateful to be an instrument in the lords hand. I don’t know if Lorenzo will ever get baptized but I know without a doubt that the lord is mindful of him and all his children and waits for us to do our part so that he can bless his children.

The church is true!! I know it! And i love my mission!! I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE Guatemalans!! They are hilarious and so much fun to talk to. I know this is where i need to be and im so so so grateful! Prestos todos prestos mi familia!!!!! I love you all!! Thanks for your love and prayers!!!!!

hermana garcia.......ps mom please fix my spelling and grammar I'm typing so fast because we have no time. I love you so much!!!!!! anephite2 at gmail.com president steimles email if you need anything. He is awesome. i love him and its cool because we spend a lot of time with them because its so small here!! love you!!